Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dinky Ufo Vehicles

Dinky Ufo Vehicles
I've always been a big fan of Gerry Anderson's UFO TV series, and over the years new UFO merchandise has appeared in the form of Japanese kits, candy toys and the excellent Product Enterprise models.But, as we know nostalgia plays a big part in our collections and for me the old Dinky UFO set is my favourite. I remember them from when I was a kid which is why I unashamedly feature them here far more than I should, which thankfully, no one seems to mind.

Although I've got a couple versions of each one, this is probably my favourite combination.

The UFO Interceptor is one of those with the Joe 90 figure piloting it.

As opposed to my other, the slightly later version with a proper pilot.

Like many of the TV tie-in Dinky toys the colours are totally wrong. Straker's Car in gold looks better than the yellow one in my opinion, but you might think different.

The Green Mobile, another wrong colour but it is a tank I suppose. I know Dinky did a blue version later on but this is the one I owned.

This one's got the weaker flip over roof which was prone to bending. Dinky sorted the problem with the raised sections, seen here on my other one.

So, there you have it, the Dinky UFO set, and if I have my way you'll see them at some point again.

Reference: dark-sky-misteries.blogspot.com